||October 18, 2019
Marquee Sports Network is the future exclusive television home of the Chicago Cubs in partnership with Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI). It will be the Chicago-region’s exclusive network for fans to view live Cubs games beginning with the 2020 Major League Baseball season and will also feature extensive pre and postgame coverage, exclusive Cubs content and other local sports programming. Marquee Sports Network brings together one of the most iconic sports franchises in the country with one of the largest television broadcasting companies to deliver unprecedented Cubs coverage for fans.
Marquee Sports Network is seeking a Director, Public Relations who will spearhead publicity efforts, visibility for key executives and thought leadership for the company. Reporting to the General Manager, this leader will help distinguish a clear perception and image of Marquee Sports Network, working to strengthen the network position as the exclusive television home of the Chicago Cubs and the destination for the deepest Cub coverage. The Director will help build strong media engagement, coverage and brand relevance to drive future business growth.
The Director, Public Relations will collaborate closely with the Chicago Cubs and Sinclair Broadcasting Group to ensure message alignment across companies, and will also support network Programming, Sales and Marketing teams in their efforts. This is a unique opportunity for a seasoned public relations and communications champion to be a part of building a new network, while also working closely with leaders in the sports and broadcast industries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop communications strategies surrounding the launch of Marquee Sports Network and subsequent announcements involving programming, talent, events and more with a goal of establishing steady cadence of coverage and business momentum.
- Support the General Manager and other network leaders in proactive and reactive public relations and communications efforts.
- Leverage network talent and other Chicago Cubs/Sinclair Broadcast Group leaders for press, pitching, facilitating and managing interview prep and media interviews.
- Partner with Marketing, Digital and Social team to develop integrated programs that drive further brand awareness and establish Marquee Sports Network as a leading regional sports network.
- Utilize media monitoring services to track discussion of Marquee Sports Network and related topics and create ongoing reporting and analysis effort that tracks media-related deliverables and media value.
- Inform communications strategies through research, consumer insights and data
- Draft all press materials, including press releases/advisories, media relations pitches and contributed articles
- Create press events, where applicable, to drive media coverage and engagement
- Respond to media inquiries and general inquiries from the public as necessary
Qualifications, Skills and Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related field
- Significant experience (minimum 5 years) in public relations, issues management, spokesperson training and event management, plus strong journalistic writing skills.
- Successful track record representing a brand or PR agency in the development and execution of integrated communications strategies and tactics.
- Experience working with top-tier media outlets, reporters, personalities, talent and influencers.
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems; strong presence in high-pressure environments.
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- Enthusiasm and comfortability in a start-up environment.
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Office products; social media experience a plus.
Marquee Sports Network is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace!
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2020