||October 16, 2019
Marquee Sports Network is the future exclusive television home of the Chicago Cubs in partnership with Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI). It will be the Chicago-region’s exclusive network for fans to view live Cubs games beginning with the 2020 Major League Baseball season and will also feature extensive pre and postgame coverage, exclusive Cubs content and other local sports programming. Marquee Sports Network brings together one of the most iconic sports franchises in the country with one of the largest television broadcasting companies to deliver unprecedented Cubs coverage for fans.
Marquee Sports Network, the exclusive network of the Chicago Cubs, is looking for a skilled Human Resources Manager. Be one of the first hires and score this ground floor opportunity in this newly created cable channel where you will help shape the organization’s HR strategy as well as assure best practices in HR are identified and implemented.
While no day will ever be exactly the same, you’ll have your hands in a variety of HR functions (including but not limited to):
- Providing high quality customer service support on HR business processes and operations, HR systems and special projects
- Serving as coach and advisor to people managers and leaders on HR matters
- Advising employees on eligibility, coverage and other benefits matters
- Conducting meaningful onboarding experiences for new employees and offboard appropriately
- Participating in benefits administration to include open enrollment, change reporting and employee communications
- Managing compensation, leave administration and workers compensation
- Providing support with training, employee relations matters and recruiting/hiring
- Complying with all federal, state and local employment regulations
- Interpretation and application of policies and procedures
- Personnel recordkeeping - maintain confidential personnel and other HR records
- Assisting with training in HR processes and procedures
- Other tasks / projects as assigned
- Root for the Cubs!!!
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related program of study. PHR or SHRM-CP a plus
- 4+ years of HR experience in a Generalist capacity or equivalent
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, strong knowledge of SharePoint is a plus
- Experience with HR systems, such as Oracle HRIS, a plus
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with various levels of management and employees.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Marquee Sports Network is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace!
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2019