|Date Posted||October 10, 2019|
NHK Los Angeles Bureau is seeking a full-time Associate Producer to join our news team. The Associate Producer will assist NHK correspondents with all aspects of news production duties including but not limited to:
- Conducting research for general, social, cultural issues, and breaking news stories;
- Pitching story ideas for feature news stories;
- Arranging and coordinating on-location filming, interviews and travel logistics;
- Traveling for domestic and international newsgathering location work, including breaking news situations;
- Preparing and reporting in English for “NHK World” (NHK’s international news service in English) and “Backstories” (NHK World’s website);
This position will start as soon as possible. You must be able to come for an in-person interview.
NHK is Japan's largest and sole public broadcasting network. NHK Los Angeles Bureau is based in Santa Monica, CA and covers news in the West Coast and the Midwest as well as Canada, Mexico and other Central American nations for NHK's various news and documentary programs.
• A strong interest in broadcast journalism, especially related to social, cultural issues, and most importantly, breaking news;
• Able to work under deadline pressure;
• A resourceful, outgoing self-starter;
• Have good communication skills;
• Willing to travel;
• Language: Fluent English required, Japanese and Spanish preferred.
• Microsoft OFFICE skills
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and a brief cover letter to email@example.com
Clips and portfolio are welcome; kindly refrain from phone inquiries.
Send your resume to this employer.