||October 09, 2019
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Sinclair Broadcast Group is hiring for a Senior Data Analyst of Enterprise Data to work at Headquarters in Hunt Valley, Maryland.
Do you have a vision to be a part of something BIG? So do we! If you consider yourself the passionate type when it comes to quantifiable trends or the 'more often than not' statistically sharp team member, then read on!
The Sinclair Enterprise Data team needs your to help to shape, own and work towards project support and process development. Your fluency in metrics and familiarity with applied mathematical techniques; combined with your analytic experience will advise internal business leaders & inform internal stakeholders. As the Senior Data Analyst of Enterprise Data you will be responsible for managing the hands-on step of the data-modeling process, as well as identifying new opportunities for team initiatives.
Who are you?
- Concise & tactical in communication efforts
- Experienced with the application of object-oriented programming languages (like python, java, C++ and so on…)
- Adaptable & innovative
- Confident in your working knowledge of advanced mathematics
- Passionate about applying methods & techniques to improve data quality
- Inspired by opportunities to model & visualize challenging sets of data
Day-to-day job responsibilities:
- Provide hands-on guidance and day-to-day supervision to the junior members of the enterprise data team to grow their working and applied knowledge of data analysis, as well as monitor the trajectory of ongoing projects
- Engineer data quality improvement projects & processes
- Research & analyze business-related data trends
- Collect business requirements from internal customers
- Make recommendations for the Company based on business intelligence & data trends
- Pioneer processes & lead initiatives within the business to support strategic planning from a big-data-perspective
- Manage multiple projects and make complex trade-offs to deliver the best possible outcomes for the Company
- Support & lead initiatives to shape information architecture to create the analysis, data design, and publish processes for reference data for in scope data areas/subjects
- Knowledgeable of industry-related trends as they relate & apply to revenue growth
- Foundational knowledge of computer hardware and software
- Advanced knowledge of programming languages
- 2-3 years demonstrated experience as a people-manager
- Mastery of reference data management principles (MDM processes such as match-merge, data collection and publish issues), data modeling, data mastering, metadata management, and tools strongly preferred
- 2-4 years of experience in a related field
- A bachelor’s degree from a related field such as Business, Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics
Candidate must also have either:
- An advanced degree in a related field.
- Or, an additional 2-3 years of experience in a related field.
- Master’s degree preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2019