|Date Posted||October 08, 2019|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Disseminate timely policy updates and alerts to constituents through Blackbaud, Social Media,
and other platforms.
• Monitor the progress of sexual violence-related legislation.
• Write, edit and/or publish accessible, web-based materials pertaining to PCAR’s legislative
agenda and priority bills.
• Write and/or edit talking points and speeches for rallies, press conferences, hearings, and
other public policy events.
• Write and/or edit op-eds and press releases to inform public policy agenda.
Publications & Media
• Help proof read written materials including organizational and project newsletters, factsheets,talking points, brochures, curricula, technical assistance bulletins, web content and other
products. Work closely with staff in Training/Technical Assistance Department, Development and
Policy as well as other parts of the organization.
• Produce content for the PCAR newsletter and annual report and assists with other PCAR
• Develop talking points, press releases, editorials and other resources in response to current
events and issues.
• Serve as active member of social networking work group including posting relevant materials on
Facebook and Twitter.
• Assist with PCAR’s marketing materials and public awareness campaigns including for the annual
Vision of Hope Gala and Sexual Assault Awareness Month campaign.
• Work closely with the National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC) Communications
Department on joint projects, such as conferences and special events.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in Communications, Journalism, English, Public Relations. Marketing or
similar field from a four-year college or university or equivalent experience. This position
requires research abilities, a sound understanding of statistics and social science methodology and
excellent writing and editing skills. Knowledge of community education, prevention, and/or sexual
Send your resume to this employer.