|Date Posted||October 07, 2019|
|Required Education||High School Diploma|
Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) is developing groundbreaking solutions to manage retirement & healthcare services as well as maximizing investment returns for the state’s public education employees. Succeeding in life is about commitment and hard work—maybe a favorite school teacher imparted that idea to you along the way. At TRS, we take that to heart and believe life can also be a balance between giving back while excelling professionally.
The Digital Communications Specialist performs highly complex digital content development and communications work. Work involves collaborating and coordinating with Communication Department team members, Business Units and IT to ensure TRS’ external and internal web content is accurate, accessible and engaging; working with IT to determine the best way to present information online in a way that helps visitors find what they’re looking for and retain more of what they read, engage with and view; and, providing overall support to the Communications Department. This position is located in downtown Austin, Texas.
Apply online now: https://trs.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/5/home/requisition/68?c=trs
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Digital Content Development
• Write material for the external website/intranet and remove, archive or revise content to maintain focus on the topics of highest audience interest.
• Proofread and edit contributors’ written copy for style, tone of voice and grammar.
• Ensure published content is mobile friendly, jargon-free and meets ADA accessibility standards.
• Develop and manage digital dashboards to track communication performance metrics, as required.
• Monitor visitor behavior by reviewing website analytics and providing meaningful metrics to the organization.
• Collaborate with IT and provide input on future updates and changes to messaging and user experience design.
• Generate infographics/graphics as needed for web and social media.
• Work closely with staff videographer/photographer to secure images that capture the TRS brand and related sub brands.
Overall Communications Support
• Edit and proofread content for publications and marketing collateral.
• Assist with photography as needed.
• Serve as backup to the Lead Graphic Designer.
• Provide support during TRS Board Meetings.
• Represent TRS at internal and external events.
• Identity communications-related award opportunities.
• Help prepare awards submissions.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
• High school diploma or equivalent and additional full-time experience in journalism, public relations, communications, video production, website design/content management, or a related field may substitute for the required education on an equivalent year-for-year basis.
• Three (3) years of full-time experience in journalism, public relations, communications, video production, website design/content management, or a related field.
• Progressively responsible experience in digital content creation, with a focus on writing for mobile platforms.
• 4 years of full-time experience in digital content creation, with a focus on writing for mobile platforms.
• Proficiency with graphic design and video production components of Adobe Creative Cloud.
• Proficiency in web accessibility tools to troubleshoot accessibility issues.
• Creativity and ability to deliver solutions that improve TRS members’ access to and understanding of pension and health care benefits.
To be considered for this position, apply online now: https://trs.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/5/home/requisition/68?c=trs