||October 04, 2019
Editor of Media Partnerships (Remote Position)
Three Ships owns and operates consumer review website such as HouseMethod.com, RemedyReview.com, and MattressAdvisor.com. We also power content for leading publishers who are seeking content and partners in categories such as lawn care, home warranty, car warranty, finance, mattress, CBD and related verticals. In these relationships, we publish SEO content on mainstream publishers’ websites to drive our partners traffic, leads and sales. Our team is seeking an Editor of Media Partnerships to lead our organic content portfolio with our partners.
Headquartered in Raleigh, NC, Three Ships started as a digital agency in 2009, and today includes half a dozen proprietary digital brands. We work with dozens of top brand and top media publishers to connect commerce and content.
We have over a dozen active publishing arrangements with our clients and media partners, and our opportunity to increase distribution teams is growing. These platforms have become a powerful source of distribution, allowing us to reach millions of readers each month, and in turn, we drive millions in incremental revenue for our partners.
We are pleased with our momentum, and we want to accelerate this growth through expanding our distribution channels and increasing our publication volumes. We’re looking for an editor to accelerate content production.
In the next year, we expect our new Editor of Media Partnerships to lead content execution and delivery, which will include:
- Accelerate production of content
- Create and manage your content calendar according to our top business priorities
- Track, measure and report on production status and team capacity via a weekly forecast
- Build our roster of great content resources through hiring, training and managing all freelance resources
- Manage outside contractors and internal resources to produce all required content
- Ensure our content is best-in-class
- Ensure on-time delivery of all content, while improving per article content production costs
- Edit all content to ensure it meets our standards for best-in-class SEO content that achieves our marketing goals
- Innovate on content production process in order to improve our inputs (faster, better and more cost-efficient content) and outputs (enhanced user experience and search engine optimization)
- Propose process improvements to writers / editors
- Regularly provide team with innovative recommendations for additional content based on the best ROI keyword opportunities
- Maintain expertise in user experience and SEO content production best practices
- Iterate on templates to improve user experience and minimize unique content production requirements
- Measure and report on the success of the live pages
- Obsess over what type of content wins in search engines
- Read, learn, and follow search engine best practices
- Be a subject matter expert on what type of content wins
- Bring that point of view to our meetings
We are seeking an editor with excellent editorial and organizational skills to be part of our growing team. This can be a remote working postion. You’ll be responsible for delivering publication-ready content that is on-time, fully optimized for SEO and meets our marketing goals. You also enjoy writing; you may help create content, concepts and articles from time to time. You will have the opportunity to not only manage production of cutting edge content, but you will also learn to report on the performance of your articles to determine the impact of your work. You maintain a high-bar of excellence for each piece of content that gets your stamp of approval. You’ll become an expert in digital and SEO content, staying on the cutting edge of best practices.
Your responsibilities include:
- Ensure we have a strong understanding of what it takes to win organic search on our targeted keywords (keyword research, who are our competitors, what is Google rewarding, what do readers need to know, etc.).
- Oversee content production through translating this knowledge into assignment briefs for freelancers and tightly managing content creation so it is on-time and on-budget.
- Copyedit and proof articles for editorial excellence, search engine optimization and CRO. Each piece must be optimized, targeted to meet our marketing goals and delivered on time.
- Write on-brand content pieces for our wide range of partners from time-to-time as needed.
- Load and publish articles with a strong eye for CRO to maximize on-page conversions.
- Demonstrate a meticulous approach to your work, with a highly-organized process and unfailing eye for detail.
- Review the performance metrics (traffic, conversions, revenue, etc.) to inform our content strategy moving forward.
- Help build the culture of a growing and fun growth-stage company.
What it takes
While the role demands a passion for great content, an intense curiosity to master new verticals and industries, an incredible sense of organization and detail, our Home Team is also an early-stage, fast-growing company – so we all need to act like entrepreneurs. Important competencies include:
- Project management expertise -- you have the ability to flawlessly stay organized while managing multiple projects at various stages in content production. You can keep our freelance writers on track to ensure you hit deadlines and budgets.
- Demonstration of editorial best practices -- you are comfortable copyediting article after article, assessing content for both its technical excellence and its ability to convert readers. You know what it takes to produce a winning piece of content, and you can deliver.
- Ability to recruit, train and onboard new writers as we grow our roster.
- CRO and design instincts -- you can load and publish pages that visually focus on the most important elements for readers.
- Comfort working in various Content Management Systems, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and other common digital platforms.
- Three Ships Culture buy-in: Act with Focus, Get After It, Build the Team, and Grow Without Limits -- those are our values, and we expect you to live them every day.
- Entrepreneurial spirit -- we act like entrepreneurs. Our team members are incredibly driven, agile, goal oriented, and are always up for a challenge.
What your background shows:
- Bachelor’s degree (Journalism, Communications, English or related field preferred).
- At least three years of digital editing or content production experience (experience in SEO-focused content preferred).
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills: You maintain a methodical process and high standard of excellence in your work, while balancing multiple projects and meeting tight-deadlines.
- Ownership mentality: You treat each content piece like it is your own and stand behind every word. You are comfortable putting your head down and producing excellent work without constant supervision.
- Agility: You are comfortable in a fast-paced and often changing environment.
- An inherent drive to be excellent: You are not satisfied with average. You do whatever it takes to get the job done at a world-class level and don’t check out because it’s 5PM or a weekend.
While we’re looking for some specific experiences and skill-sets, nothing is more important than a strong can-do attitude, resilience in the face of change and uncertainty, and a passion for learning and creating.
In addition to a competitive base salary and bonus target, as a member of the Three Ships platform, you have access to competitive benefits, including health, 401k, a monthly wellness stipend for house cleaning, gym membership or massages, mobile reimbursement, and an office stocked with snacks, coffee and just about every other beverage you can imagine.
Send your resume to this employer.
Email the resume you posted on JournalismJobs.com to this employer.
Don't have a resume posted on JournalismJobs.com? Click here to post one now!
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2019