||October 04, 2019
||Magazines / Publishing
||$40,000 to $45,000
Tax Analysts offers a casual work environment -- pet friendly and relaxed dress code -- where talented individuals come together to produce great work. Our staff enjoys free covered parking, free coffee and tea, an exercise room with showers, and a working environment that embraces team collaboration and innovation. Here you will have the opportunity to pursue a fulfilling career and still have time for what's important to you personally, such as family, travel, education, or giving back to the community.
We are committed to providing a workplace that offers family-friendly policies and a flexible atmosphere that caters to the needs of working professionals. We strive to offer a realistic work/life balance, competitive compensation, and a generous benefits package.
We are looking for two Editorial Specialists to join our Reference Products team.
Under general supervision, this position prepares reference library and daily data for publication as assigned. Uses a variety of software and proprietary programs, works closely with publication editors, and adheres to established deadlines. Monitors daily electronic publications for reference library material, retrieves source material from various media, and performs quality control reviews on final products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet production department objectives.
- Prepares material for publication through the use of database management software, file conversion and proprietary software, and other tools.
- May monitor daily electronic publications, news sources, and government websites for publishable or newsworthy material. Downloads, converts, processes, and stores data for publication according to established policies and procedures.
- May manage source data through the production process for assigned products, including building, validating, and finalizing database files.
- May make detailed changes (edits) to published material or documents as directed by relevant source material, according to established policies and procedures.
- May run conversions on data to conform to database formats.
- May run specific software processes to create database files for updating publications.
- Communicates regularly with editors and production department staff to meet established deadlines.
- May run proprietary programs to compile files for uploading to website and electronic publication in a timely fashion.
- Cross-trains with other department members and acts as backup for other publications as required or assigned.
- May perform final review of files for quality assurance before publication.
- May manage fulfillment of external data delivery contracts.
- May write and/or edit headlines, abstracts, and summaries. Completes entries in the Content Management System and attaches source files. Prepares them for publication, according to established policies and procedures.
- May perform research tasks as needed to ensure accuracy and completeness of internal and published data.
- May perform data entry as needed for updating and maintaining datasets.
- Ensures proper citation style, according to established policies and procedures and company style guide.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Motivated, well-organized, with good attention to detail
- Computer proficiency in Alfresco, Word and Acrobat highly preferred
- Knowledge of basic HTML coding
- In-depth knowledge of proprietary formatting structure
- Knowledge of company linking procedures
- Basic understanding of how IRS regulation and tax code amendment language is incorporated into reference products (may be acquired on the job)
- Works well in a team environment
- Ability to meet strict daily deadlines and adjust to changing priorities
- Demonstrated dependability through punctual attendance
- College degree or equivalent in experience required
- One year of related experience preferred
- Experience in Word and Acrobat
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2019