||January 12, 2020
Wayside Publishing is a progressive developer of world language programs, resources and materials for middle and high schools across the country. We partner with educators to craft transformative texts and digital tools that engage students and foster successful communication and understanding across cultures.
We are seeking an experienced, full-time Editorial Project Manager to oversee and drive the development of a portfolio of core language projects. This key role, reporting to Manager, Product Development, will direct stakeholders through the editorial process to build upon Wayside’s unique and groundbreaking educational textbooks and digital learning programs.
This role is varied and fast paced. You will be responsible for getting our products to market quickly, efficiently, and on budget. Leveraging project management skills and tools you will work closely with Curriculum Coordinators to provide guidance and leadership to authors, contractors (editors, audio studio, animators, etc.), and key internal teams to ensure that all print and online materials adhere to Wayside’s pedagogical, design and editorial standards. You will collaborate with the Manager, Product Development to plan new projects and to ensure that all Wayside teams (Marketing, Sales, and IT) are up to speed with project statuses and editorial milestones. If you are truly passionate about building educational programs and respect the editorial process, keep reading!
- As PM you will be the main point-of-contact for internal/external teams of authors, contractors, and designers to coordinate all aspects of digital and print production.
- As needed, you will participate in a variety of efforts touching on content, research, special projects, etc.
- You will keep a critical eye on the editorial and production processes, pitching improvements that focus on product quality and an excellent customer experience.
- You will create and maintain editorial process documentation, development schedules, permissions and meeting notes.
- You will facilitate regular author meetings to review development progress and address barriers to ensure that each project remains on schedule.
- You will build positive, collaborative cross-functional relationships with these teams and manage them to strict development timelines and adherence to Wayside’s pedagogical and editorial standards.
- PMP certified or similar combination of education and PM experience.
- Proven ability to work autonomously in making tough decisions, while appropriately involving key stakeholders
- Ability to manage a variable work schedule across multiple time zones, including the possibility of weekends and evenings
- Excels with problem-solving and multitasking skills
- Tech savvy, innovative and forward thinking is a must
- Strong written and oral interpersonal skills
- Proven work experience in organizing, managing and delegating to remote teams
- Teaching experience is a plus, as is a proven ability to coach, mentor, and instruct others
- Experience within publishing a plus
- Bilingual in Spanish, French, German, or Italian (or a strong knowledge of Latin) preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of project management experience
- Fantastic attitude. A calming influence during times of stress, a focus on solutions rather than problems, and a desire to get the best out of every team member. Takes initiative with a positive POV
- Learns and applies new skills quickly
- Obsessively attentive to details and respectful of deadlines
- Open to feedback
- Easily and eagerly adopts new technology
- Values a friendly and cooperative development environment
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please
Wayside Publishing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2020