||September 23, 2019
||Newspapers / Wires
The Duluth News Tribune group is looking to hire a Regional Editor. The regional editor will be responsible for planning, coordinating and assisting local editors in directing newsroom activities at multiple properties.
- Directs all activities of a department within the newsroom or the newsroom department.
- Supervise employees within the department, establish schedules, interview, hire, train, conduct performance reviews and provide training.
- Assist local editors in planning news coverage and making decisions about what will be printed or posted online.
- Direct major news breaking stories.
- Read and evaluate and organize material submitted for publication.
- Responsible for content, copy editing and headline writing.
- Responds to readers by telephone and/or e-mail.
- Works with others to ensure timelines are met.
- Meets with newsroom personnel to plan coverage and long range news coverage.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, mass communications or related field.
- Newsroom and editing experience.
- Five years of experience in a newsroom setting or equivalent combination.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of human resource/supervisory rules and policies.
- Knowledge of AP style.
- Knowledge of Freedom of Information and libel laws.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills to include computers.
- Ability to be flexible and work under pressure and deadlines.
- Ability to effectively present information to employees, management and/or groups.
- Ability to promote teamwork and interdepartmental cooperation.
- Ability to motivate others.Must possess a valid driver’s license and a driving record that is insurable by the company.
- Must carry an acceptable level of vehicle insurance as required by the Company.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2019