||September 18, 2019
At Sinclair Digital, data is essential for our decision-making needs whether it is related to product design, measuring new feature effectiveness, or helping our internal teams increase observability. Data gives us keen insights into how we can improve our services for our teams, users, and partners. Our team is looking for a hands-on Software Development Manager with an obsession for diving into data. The right person for this role has proven excellent software development skills, and a track record for taking their teams to the next level.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead a technology team that designs, develops and maintains data pipelines into a cloud-native data warehouse
- Contribute to the codebase regularly and lead by example
- Increase team efficiency by removing roadblocks and providing a healthy culture for development
- Support team members by providing mentorship and career guidance
WHAT TO BRING:
- Experience managing a high performing development team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Expert leadership capabilities including leading vendors, staff, and external teams to drive solutions.
- 6+ years software experience (~3 years development and ~2 years management)
- Ability to understand, explain and debug both development and architecture solutions.
- Familiar with a modern cloud data platform and deploying services to them (Google/AWS/Azure).
- Experience with pulling data from a variety of sources is; typical sources include 3rd party APIs, CloudSearch, SQL-based data warehouses and spreadsheets
- Experience with Google Analytics is a must
- Experience with data requirements gathering
- Experience evaluating data collection for accuracy (Big Query, Kubernetes, App Engine, Lambda/Cloud Functions)
- Experience using data visualization tools (e.g. Data Studio, Power BI, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience with tracking user consumption of video
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2019