||September 18, 2019
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
The HR Coordinator is responsible for providing HR support to the various Regional Sports Networks (RSN) business entities, including providing employee relations and performance management counsel, and working closely with RSN and/or Sinclair HR subject matter experts to facilitate staffing, training, compensation and administration matters and develop subject matter expertise on HR / Payroll related processes, systems and tools used by the Company. This role will be located in Los Angeles, CA.
- Partnering with RSN and or Sinclair HR, provides counsel, assistance and direction to RSN clients related to employee relations, staffing and compensation. When appropriate, this role will also work directly to address client issues, as well as consult with Legal as appropriate.
- Duties also include administering leave of absence, addressing employment insurance claims, conducting exit interviews and employment interviews as assigned. May be asked to represent the Company at Administrative Unemployment Insurance hearings.
- Functions as contact for various inquiries regarding HR processes, data requests from client management, indicative data and employee dilemmas related to HR systems / processes. Provides ad hoc reporting and acts as a subject matter expert on HR systems and employee data. Functions as primary liaison between RSN HR and Payroll, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable as applicable.
- Reviews company policies, procedures, benefits etc. with new hires and transfers. Collects paperwork and completes new hire form to be entered in the system by HR Shared Services.
- Participates in special projects and other duties as requested, including but not limited to job fairs, campus recruitment efforts and employee recognition events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related discipline. 3 years previous experience in Human Resources, preferably in a generalist capacity.
- Requires excellent knowledge of HR practices, policies, and basic employment laws in order to ascertain the correct action, provide appropriate counsel and respond to issues as they arise.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal. Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with managers and other levels of personnel. Should be able to design reports that will easily convey desired information or point of view.
- Good analytical skills required. Knowledge of budgets preferred.
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint with the ability to learn and use new systems as introduced by the Company.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships amongst HR team as well as client base. Able to work in a fast-paced environment, remaining calm and focused during busy times. Must have the ability to organize and prioritize, pay close attention to details, work well under time constraints, and handle multiple tasks easily. Able to keep confidential information secure. May be required to occasionally travel.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2019