||September 29, 2019
25 News has an opening for a self-motivated individual who wants to win
each day. We are seeking a temporary full-time Assignment Editor with the ability to
capture the essence of what’s happening in the field, and then bring it vividly
to our viewers on television, digital and social media. The successful
candidate will have a take charge attitude when it comes to breaking news. We
are looking for a smart assignment editor who finds distinctive enterprise
stories and oversees news coverage that sets us apart. We want a newsroom
leader who takes the lead on breaking news and can write, edit and publish on
our station’s website, mobile and social media pages.
- Listen to police scanners which cover agencies
throughout our market
- Gather and organize press releases, emails, phone calls
and viewer tips. Take initiative and decide which of the above
will yield compelling content for newscasts.
- Furnish content and post it to all digital platforms—including
but not limited to sending push alerts, Twitter and Facebook posts.
- Assist news management with content gathering and
- Assist producers and reporters with story gathering.
- Keep track of crews in the field and maintain
communication with them.
- Must have advanced knowledge of digital platforms,
especially social media. Successful candidate will be required
to monitor multiple social media accounts to gather content and
communicate with news makers.
- Either have a working knowledge of FTP or an ability to
learn how to FTP video to other stations.
- Familiar with local news gathering technology and
- Must be highly organized.
- Have the ability to work multiple projects
- Must be able to foster and maintain professional
working relationships with newsmakers.
- Have the ability to gather information from multiple
sources simultaneously and quickly push it out to anchors, reporters and
- Must have a sense of urgency and be able to thrive in a
high-pressure breaking news and weather environment.
- Be able to remain calm and level-headed during breaking
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Willing to work a variety of shifts including weekends
- College degree in broadcast
journalism, broadcast news, or related field
- Military training and
experience in related field will be considered
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2019