|Date Posted||October 16, 2019|
|Industry||Newspapers / Wires|
|Salary||$45,000 to $50,000|
Interested in adventure? The Kodiak Daily Mirror, a Monday-Friday newspaper on Alaska's Emerald Isle is seeking a full-time editor.
This position supports the publisher by managing the daily operation of the newsroom. The successful applicant will possess excellent communication skills, have the ability to interact with the public in a polite and professional manner, and be able to complete multiple tasks effectively. Organizational skills and attention to detail are musts for this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assign reporters for daily coverage of local events
2. Assign and edit freelance copy and photos
3. Oversee and edit all editorial content for daily paper and special sections
4. Layout of daily paper and special sections
5. Fill in for absent reporters
6. Interview, hire and train staff
1. Bachelor's degree in journalism or equivalent experience
2. Knowledge of InDesign, Microsoft Word, PhotoShop
3. Supervisory experience
4. A minimum of five years professional newsroom experience with in a daily paper.
About Kodiak Island, Kodiak Island is the second-largest island in the United States and boasts the third-largest commercial fishing port in the nation. Kodiak is home to the country’s largest Coast Guard base. The island population is about 14,000, with 6,500 people living in town. Often called Alaska’s Emerald Isle, Kodiak’s climate is temperate, moist and very green in summer. Outdoor recreation and adventures are limitless: fishing, kayaking, hiking, hunting, mountain climbing, camping — the list goes on. Summer days are long, the salmon is fresh, and the people are friendly.
If you have the right professional qualifications, an interest in community news and think you’d enjoy life on this beautiful island, you could be just the person we are looking for. Email your cover letter, resume, clips and references to the Kodiak Daily Mirror to email@example.com