|Date Posted||September 11, 2019|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
Global Health Writer/Editor - NIH - Bethesda, MD
Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Global Health Writer/Editor to work on-site with the Fogarty International Center at the NIH in Bethesda, MD.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary with comprehensive benefit package
- Opportunity to work at NIH, world's foremost medical research center
- Learn more about what Kelly can do for you at www.kellygovernmentsolutions.com
TASKS/SERVICES: The contractor shall:
(1) Produce content for the bimonthly Global Health Matters newsletter, which has 55K online subscribers, Fogarty web site and other projects as needed. Work as part of a small, highly productive team.
(2) Research topics; cover meetings and other events; interview speakers, staff and grantees.
(3) Produce profiles of early- and mid-career Fogarty trainees.
(4) Generate clearly written text to highlight Fogarty’s programs; explain science advances and other complex topics in lay language and make revisions.
(5) Write and edit text, headlines and captions.
(6) Research relevant organizations social media handles and draft social media posts related to all newsletter articles and other content.
(7) Research and acquire permission to use visuals to illustrate stories. Catalogue images and usage information using digital asset management tools.
(8) Work with managing editor, designer and web manager to ensure a smooth production process to meet newsletter deadlines.
(9) Following publication of each issue, handle correspondence to sources consulted, and/or people featured, in each story.
(10) Generate story ideas for the Focus sections; manage the editorial calendar; perform content planning for each issue, including strategic and well-developed ideas for the Focus section.
(11) Write projects including op-eds, news releases and other projects.
REQUIREMENTS: The contractor ideally would have:
(1) Master’s degree in a related scientific discipline. Three (3) years of specialized experience plus a BA/BS degree is equivalent to a Master’s degree.
(2) Minimum of one (1) year of related experience in addition to the previous requirement.
(3) Excellent writing skills and proven ability to distill complex information into clear, compelling text for a lay audience, under tight deadlines.
(4) Proficiency in proofreading and editing. Knowledge of AP style.
(5) Experience in researching complex topics and conducting inciteful interviews.
(6) Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).
(7) Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
(8) Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to have a role in managing employment opportunities for more than one million workers around the globe. We employ 550,000 of these individuals directly with the remaining workers engaged through our talent supply chain network of supplier partners. Revenue in 2015 was $5.5 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.