||September 10, 2019
||$60,390 - $73,567
As the Public Relations Assistant, you will be a part of the Communication Division, and be responsible for preparing and distributing public information materials through press releases, social media, website posts, multimedia presentations and reports for the San Francisco Unified School District. You will also support the ongoing day to day operations of the office and assist in the preparation of public information and publicity reports.
As the Public Relations Assistant, you will:
- Assist in preparing and distributing public relations materials or publicity releases with direction from supervisor (e.g., press releases, media advisories, articles, etc.)
- Maintain and update content for specified district web pages
- Perform press conference and community meeting setup and coordinate materials
- Develop and maintain social media content
- Prepare and maintain accurate and up-to-date publicity mailing lists
- Assist in preparing public relations materials by compiling, gathering and proofreading data
- Gather, categorize and organize media clippings and audit; maintain files of newspaper, radio, television and internet research of interest to the public relations department
- Make regular contact with the general public, other departments and outside organizations to arrange/conduct tours, and to furnish and obtain a variety of public information
- Answer telephones and e-mails; respond to the general public and refers questions or problems to the appropriate departments
- Maintain computer files, databases and lists of relevant groups (e.g. media) and generate computerized reports
- Oversee employee recognition program
- Conduct online research regarding department media and publicity activities, as directed
- Track and monitor department budget and front office needs
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. / B.S) from an accredited college or university in English, Journalism, Public Policy, Education, Communication or a related field
- Bilingual in Spanish or Chinese
- Ability to use graphic design, photo and/or video production equipment and software
What We Offer
SFUSD offers a competitive salary of $60,390 - $73,567 annually, commensurate with experience in a similar position. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan including dental and vision plans, a defined benefit pension plan, disability, life insurance, flexible spending account options and vacation time. We also offer an inclusive and equity-centered environment where we encourage staff to bring their whole selves to work.
How to Apply
- Visit www.edjoin.org/sfusd and create a new account to begin your application.
- You will be prompted to electronically attach a letter of interest, resume, list of professional references and any applicable credentials or licenses
- Our Human Resources team will then review your entire application to determine your eligibility status and contact you directly should you move forward in the process
The San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD) is the seventh largest school district in California, serving more than 54,000 students who speak more than 44 documented languages across 136 schools in the city of San Francisco every year. We aim for every student who attends SFUSD schools to discover his or her spark, along with a strong sense of self and purpose, and that all students graduate from high school ready for college and career, and equipped with the skills, capacities and dispositions outlined in SFUSD’s Graduate Profile. Every day in our quest to achieve this mission we provide each and every student the quality instruction and equitable support required to thrive in the 21st century.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2019