||September 04, 2019
||Newspapers / Wires
||$45,000 to $50,000
FEATURES EDITOR - Editorial department
The Rochester Post Bulletin is hiring a full-time Features Editor who will be responsible for organizing and planning the daily news and features section, and communicating those plans to other relevant staff members.
Essential job duties and responsibilities:
- Assign staff members and freelance writers to collect information, write stories and produce digital elements for online and print.
- Edit copy for style, grammar, spelling, factual errors and length. Proofread news and features pages prior to publication or delegate this work to others in the features department on an as-needed basis.
- Assist in selecting photographs and visual elements for publication.
- Work with writers, graphic artists and photographers to develop ideas for feature section content and design.
- Monitor and approve all department expenditures. Make arrangements for and approve all freelance writing and photography for section.
- Contribute to the news and features section each week, either by way of writing or page design.
- Review and evaluate work of staff members.
- Run a weekly staff meeting, formulate a publication schedule and individual story lists, and act as a liaison between department reporters and other top-level editors.
- Attend news department joint staff meetings and report on department activities.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a journalism degree, or similar, from a four year college.
- Have at least one year of journalism experience at a daily newspaper.
- Must have sound news judgment, creative thinking and problem solving skills, and be an advocate for digital storytelling and video.
- Must have a strong knowledge of AP style along with excellent grammar and spelling skills.
- Must be able to work well with others in a collaborative process
- Must be able to multitask, managing many different projects in a fast-paced newsroom.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a driving record that is insurable by the company.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2019