Editor for Small Business Publication
Your role in a nutshell:The Content Editor will be an integral part of building one of the most comprehensive small business portals on the internet.
- You will directly manage a team of 2-5 writers and work with the Division Managing Editor to manage all division-level editorial planning and execution
- You will be asked to edit a variety of content in the areas of Retail, Online Business, Restaurants, and Starting a Business
- You will be expected to abide by all editorial best practices while helping our writers in achieving our company mission
Our mission:To deliver the best answers to people's questions.
Recently named to the “Inc. 500” list of America’s fastest-growing private companies, Fit Small Business has more than 3 million small business owners and managers reading our content each month. We deliver well-researched, authoritative articles so these owners can make informed decisions to grow businesses that fuel the economy. Our founders have built successful businesses before, and FSB is profitable with no outside funding. Part of the team of 170+ people is in our NYC headquarters, near Grand Central. Others are distributed across the U.S., Canada, and the Philippines.
Does this sound like you?
As the new Content Editor you...
- will have a strong backgrounds as editors with extensive experience managing a team of writers
- will have a passion for identifying and nurturing talent within your editorial team
- will have a proven track record of being able to balance both individuals’ and team workflows and processes
Qualifications for success:
- At least 2 years of experience managing teams of writers
- Familiarity with managing and/or creating SEO driven, evergreen content
- Familiarity and comfort with affiliate and performance marketing
- You are high energy, and passionate about helping small businesses
- You are comfortable working in a startup environment, where things change quickly
- You have a strong work ethic.
This position includes:
- Overseeing the publication of 2-3 high-quality articles per week for each writer, proactively resolving any holdups or delays in the pipeline
- Directly manage 2-5 writers in a variety of content areas
- Maintaining editorial standards and best practices among your writers
- Coaching writers to improve and meet their deadlines through daily 1-on-1 video calls
- Manage the execution of the content pipeline and day-to-day content management of your team
- Work with the Division Managing Editor, SEO Manager, and Business Development Manager to plan out article runways for all writers
- Play a central role in hiring new writers for your team
Tools We Use:
Wordpress, Insightly, G Suite, Slack, Trello, Guru, Zoom
*It's OK if you have not used these, just be excited to learn them.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- Quality health insurance subsidized by FSB
- 401K plan with matching (no waiting period)
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Commuter Benefits
- An open-minded, collaborative workplace, which will both challenge you and celebrate your work
- The opportunity to grow
- A chance to learn with and from interesting and enthusiastic colleagues
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2019