||September 18, 2019
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Sinclair Broadcast Group has an immediate, full time opening as a Treasury Analyst, that will be responsible for cash management functions. This position is available due to exciting new growth for Sinclair and will report to the Cash Manager. This position will sit at our corporate office in Hunt Valley, Maryland as part of our Treasury department.
- Facilitate domestic and international wire payments by using bank online systems
- Manage a daily cash position by accessing bank account reports and updating an excel spreadsheet with incoming/outgoing transactions in order to finalize a daily projection/forecast of activity and ending balances
- Using the cash position, look at any funding needs or excess cash and either redeem or invest accordingly
- Maintain cash forecast sheets for 3 month intervals using projected annual revenue and expenses provided by the FP&A group
- Analyze and report on forecast vs. actual variances in cash position and look for solutions to improve future forecasts
- Review interest invoices calculations for fees relating to debt
- Track debt and loan balances and their upcoming payments due
- Bank account administration (including opening, closing, updating signers, and adding/removing new products)
- Help to manage good relationship with bank representatives
- Work with internal departments to provide bank reports/notifications
- Work closely with Corporate Accounting, AP, Payroll and Tax departments on day to day activity as well as company- wide projects/initiatives.
- Investigate cash management related issues using problem solving skills and implement issue resolution processes.
- Process check deposits using a remote desktop scanner, as needed
- Analyze monthly bank fees for accuracy and propose more cost-effective processes and solutions if applicable
- Manage PCI compliance and reporting (regulations for accepting customer credit cards)
- Assist with mergers/acquisitions including the transitioning of bank accounts and cash management programs, set up of new stations in banking platforms and review and analysis of best practices
- Calculate and present cost analysis and product review for new banking products that the department is considering. Present determined findings to management
- Maintain and update policies & procedure documents for the daily functions to assist with cross training and backup availability in the team environment
- Help provide suggestions for ongoing process improvements
- Participate in special projects as needed
- A bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a similar field is required
- Advanced Excel skills (V-Lookup, Pivot Tables, Macros, ability to follow/fix pre-existing formulas would be preferred)
- Moderate Microsoft Office skills (Teams, and Access is a plus but not required)
- Experience in using a bank systems (online bank portals used to pull bank reports and process payments)
- Experience in managing a daily cash position
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Comfortable with communicating and presenting to management
- Strong analytical and proactive problem-solving skills
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Excellent attention to detail and organized with a solid work ethic
- The ability to work independently, as well as on a team
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2019