|Date Posted||August 19, 2019|
|Industry||Newspapers / Wires|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
The Houston Chronicle is looking for talented journalists to help grow and engage our digital audience.
If you’re a creative digital native who intuitively understands what readers are interested in, we’d love to work with you. You will join a team of like-minded journalists working hard to tell the story of one of the nation’s largest cities.
The ideal candidates for the job are self-starters who have a history of growing and engaging audiences for a news publication. Each candidate should have some expertise in areas that will help us reach more readers. We’re looking for team players who can confidently implement SEO strategies, newsletter and social media growth, and off-platform audience products.
If interested, please submit a resume and a cover letter outlining which three strategies you are most interested in owning.
* Create and package content that grows search traffic.
* Implement campaigns that grow audience around editorial products.
* Excellent at writing headlines.
* Understand different ways to tell a story, particularly visually.
* Evaluate website traffic trends in an effort to make decisions on both daily content and longer term content development that will grow local traffic.
* Promote and distribute news content on social media.
* Build positive working relationships with newsroom staff and management, work collaboratively on enterprise content, and creating opportunities to market web content in print.
* 2 years experience in digital media and journalism.
* Understands web metrics and analytics tools to measure audience behavior.
* Clever headline writer that gets readers to click.
* Organized, technical problem solver and quick decision maker.
* Capable of researching, interviewing and writing original news articles.
* Knowledge of SEO best practices and AP Style.
* Enjoys working in teams and has excellent interpersonal skills.
* Ease with/ability to learn new technology independently and quickly.
* Comfortable adapting to changes in evolving industry and thrives under pressure.
* Some schedule flexibility (nights, weekends).
* Bachelor’s Degree
Send your resume to this employer.