||August 19, 2019
||Newspapers / Wires
The Highlands Current is a growing nonprofit weekly newspaper and website that covers Cold Spring, Garrison and Beacon, New York. We are adding the position of Senior Editor to work closely with our Editor and are seeking a journalist eager to engage with our community in print, online and in person.
- Works with the editor to execute editorial strategy, planning content for digital and print platforms.
- Oversees assigning and editing of projects and special reports in cooperation with the editor; reports/writes as assigned.
- Edits stories for both print edition and online, ensuring highest journalistic standards in all mediums.
- Oversees production, content creation and managerial duties to meet publishing deadlines when the editor is away.
- Helps direct and support social-media strategy.
- Performs administrative, research, oversight and other duties as assigned by managing editor.
- Minimum five years’ news reporting and editing experience.
- Experience in packaging content ideally for both print and digital platforms.
- Experience in overseeing in-depth projects and performing insightful content editing.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Social media skills strongly preferred.
Send resume and clips, or links to clips, to Managing Editor Chip Rowe at email@example.com.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2019