|Date Posted||August 14, 2019|
|Industry||Newspapers / Wires|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
Louisville Business First is looking for an Associate Editor to round out our editing team. This is the perfect job for a reporter with a couple of years of experience who is looking to move into the editing ranks.
The Associate Editor is a critical player in planning and producing our weekly print product, and creating a content plan that aligns with our editorial calendar. The ideal candidate is adept at planning and executing special sections and publications, assigning and editing news and trend stories and other content, and recruiting and managing a stable of strong freelancers. The Associate Editor is also responsible to find ways to package print content for a digital audience.
The Associate Editor also works with other departments to ensure the excellence and integrity of awards publications, events, and other cross-departmental activities.
• Conceive, assign, edit and produce special publications and special sections.
• Conceive, assign, edit and produce business executive profiles and other regular features.
• Source and coordinate with freelancers to produce Business First stories and other content.
• Curate, format and repurpose content for digital.
• Edit and proof stories and other content for clarity, context, accuracy, spelling, grammar and consistency.
• Oversee the publication’s main social media handles.
• As needed, edit news items throughout the day for Business First’s digital platforms.
• Assist Editors in managing awards publications, including outreach to judges and awardees.
• Regularly participate in and attend Business First-sponsored events.
• Solid editor
• Able to get and stay organization
• Able to manage several projects at once
• Creative planner
• Stickler for detail
• Familiarity with AP Style
• Able and driven to collaborate
• Social media acumen required
• Ability to collaborate a must
• Minimum of 1-2 years reporting and/or editing experience in print or online
• Experience managing editorial projects.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to Beth Hunt, director of editorial recruiting and development, American City Business Journals, email@example.com
Louisville Business First and its 40+ sister publications are part of American City Business Journals, the No. 1 source for local business news in the nation. We publish daily online, weekly in print and deliver multiple daily email products, as well as host monthly events attended by hundreds of business executives. Louisville Business First is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable city, state or federal law.