|Date Posted||August 13, 2019|
|Industry||Digital Media, Nonprofit|
|Salary||Project fee basis, competitive and commensurate with experience, and assignment scope and complexity|
Reports to: Digital Communications Manager and Global Media Director
Salary: Project fee basis, competitive and commensurate with experience, and assignment scope and complexity
Founded in 2000, the Arcus Foundation is dedicated to the idea that people can live in harmony with one another and the natural world. Arcus’ work is based on the belief that respect for diversity among peoples and in nature is essential to a positive future for our planet and all of its inhabitants. Arcus is among the most consistent funders of social justice work pushing for the safety, acceptance, and inclusion of LGBTQ people around the world, and of conservation work to ensure the world’s great apes and gibbons can thrive in their natural habitats. The Foundation works globally and has offices in New York City and Cambridge, United Kingdom. To learn more, visit arcusfoundation.org.
Arcus Foundation seeks contract journalists and storytellers to join a roster of writers creating content for our digital properties, including blogs and stories on the achievements and challenges facing the two movements we support to advance our mission. Using original research and reporting, partner and media sources, and/or previously conducted interviews, the writer will help Arcus tell stories that lift the voices of the human rights and wildlife conservation organizations with whom we partner; raise awareness about social and environmental justice; and move ideas and thinking within and beyond the movements.
Ideal experience and qualifications:
• Minimum of 7 years of professional journalistic, editorial, or communications experience within the media, nonprofit, or philanthropic sectors
• Experience writing on social justice and conservation topics
• Personal experience with LGBTQ and/or conservation movements
• Working proficiency in Spanish and French
• Experience writing content for nonprofit and/or philanthropy annual reports
• Send cover letter and samples of written work.