Kalmbach Media is currently seeking an Assistant Editor at Discover, a large, national science brand, based in our Waukesha office. The Assistant Editor serves a crucial role in writing and editing science content for the digital and print platforms of Discover, as well as Astronomy, a sister science brand at Kalmbach. Discover and Astronomy are part of Kalmbach Media's Science Group.
- Writes assigned stories (blog posts, section items, sidebars, reviews, features and more) for Discover and Astronomy digital platforms.
- Works closely with senior editorial to assign and edit story concepts to in-house and freelance writers.
- Assigns and edits in-house and freelance pieces for the websites.
- Contributes to story pitches and lineups of assigned magazine sections in coordination with senior editorial staff.
- Highly engaged, both in conceptualizing story concepts as well as in the editing and production of magazine articles.
- Solid reporting and writing skills, for stories and digital-friendly headlines.
- Maximum engagement with audience through social media channels.
- Maximum communication with art colleagues and those on the Digital Science Desk, particularly those on the Astronomy brand, as well as others throughout Kalmbach Media.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- One to two years' experience on a print or digital magazine, newspaper or related platform; however, exceptional entry-level candidates also will be considered.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, science, English or a related field.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to understand complex information and communicate it in simple terms to various audiences.
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered for this position you must complete our online application and attach your resume along with:
- A detailed cover letter outlining your qualifications and experience as it relates to this position
- 3-5 writing samples
- Your salary requirements
We are located in Waukesha Wisconsin, about 20 minutes west of Milwaukee. We offer a customer focused work environment and excellent benefits!
Kalmbach Media Co. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer as defined by the EEOC.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2019