||August 12, 2019
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
The Emerging Networks operation at Sinclair is building a new Multicast Ops team in West Palm Beach, FL and we are seeking for a Director to join our team. This leadership position is part of a team responsible for the multicast operation, monitoring and supporting multiple networks 24/7 in a single centralized environment. The ideal candidate is a self-starter capable of working independently or as part of a team.
- Manage the day to day multicast operation of the Hub, including leadership of supervisors and operation staff
- Build staffing schedules to ensure appropriate coverage for routine
- Set and communicate performance goals and conduct reviews of goals with supervisors and staff
- Conduct performance reviews of supervisors and provide input to performance reviews of staff
- Lead the creation of standard operating procedures for new processes and workflows, working closely with supervisors to set, monitor, and maintain processes and procedures with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Manage and perform duties to ensure the on-air integrity of multiple network programming feeds and provide immediate response to emergency situations that may affect on-air programming
- Ensure that specified technical procedures and company policies are being followed
- Develop technical training initiatives to ensure all staff members understand systems and hardware within the Hub Operations center
- Report all on-air discrepancies promptly to the head of hub operations and customers
- Able to perform Live On-Air duties in relation to event/operator coverage when necessary
- Respond to changing priorities and adjust as needed
Here's what you need:
- BA/BS in a related field or equivalent experience
- Proficient in Excel and the entire Microsoft O365 suite of tools
- Knowledge of and ability to use electronic equipment and computer hardware and software related to television broadcast operations, including video and audio routing equipment, file servers, remote transmitter monitoring equipment and multi-channel automation systems
- Ability to troubleshoot, take immediate action, and resolve broadcast issues
- Strong customer service attributes and skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Unwavering composure in high-pressure situations
- Acute attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Experience working successfully as part of a team
- Must be willing and available to work flexible hours, including overnight shifts, weekends, holidays in order to meet the needs of a 24x7 operation
- 7+ years of experience in a master control or production control room television environment
- 5 years managerial experience
- Proven passion for media, television, and technology
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2019