|Date Posted||August 12, 2019|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
Delta State University
Position Type: Staff
Department: Communications and Marketing
Posting Number: 201200906
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Salary Basis: 12 month
Write and field requests to write feature articles, news briefs, advance stories, brochure materials, and other informational and promotional pieces about Delta State faculty, students, alumni, administration, staff, programs, events, academics, sports, research/scholarship, and extracurriculars for distribution across print, website, digital, and social media publications and channels for internal and external audiences.
Superior, versatile, and prolific writer. Ability to produce a high volume of clean, quality copy on a wide variety of topics; across platforms, channels, venues, and templates/formats; and for different audiences. Thorough knowledge of grammar, syntax, style, tone, and structure, and of communications and marketing techniques for writing.
• Superior researcher
• Superior interviewer
• Superior skills in copyediting, proofreading, and fact-checking; high attention to detail, accuracy, and quality control
• Competency in editing
• Knowledge of AP style
• Ability to conceptualize, brainstorm, and generate story ideas
• Basic understanding of media relations and media distribution
• Excellent project management and organizational skills
• Vast interpersonal skills. Communicate well verbally and in writing with a wide range of people, including senior executive and administrative leaders, deans, faculty, students, supervisors, colleagues, coaches, other employees, volunteers, media, and the public.
• Flexibility and adaptability. The ability to move from deliberateness to urgency; manage multiple projects simultaneously; and stay calm under pressure.
• Collaboration with diverse groups inside and outside of the university. Experience in and enjoyment of a team-centric operation while still being able to work independently.
• Ability to meet a wide variety of deadlines
• A quick study and self-starter who is both reactive and proactive, cooperative and self-reliant, curious and mindful, analytical and creative
• Ability to maximize and repurpose content
• Receptive to feedback
• Willingness to work some evenings and weekends
Commensurate with experience, qualifications, and university’s resources.
Three or more years of professional experience as a writer, reporter, media relations specialist, and/or editor, ideally in a higher-education setting, are required. A bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications, media relations, public relations, marketing or related field is preferred; in lieu of degree, five or more years of professional experience as a writer, reporter, media relations specialist, and/or editor are required.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Writing sample should include a portfolio of work that demonstrates breadth and depth of writing skills: feature stories, news briefs, press releases, ad copy, brochures, etc.
An extra link for uploading documents if needed is available in optional documents.
Open Date: 05/14/2019
Open Until Filled: No
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Click Here
Delta State University is committed to a policy of equal employment and educational opportunity. Delta State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or veteran status. This policy extends to all programs and activities supported by the University.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency