||August 09, 2019
||Government, Other, Nonprofit
||$55,245.23 - $64,567.87 Annually
King County Housing Authority (KCHA), an independent municipal organization, is a high-performing, nationally recognized leader in affordable housing and in providing innovative and effective housing solutions so that people and communities can prosper. Our vision is that all residents of King County have quality affordable housing. KCHA is the largest housing provider in the County, and annually the agency serves over 55,000 low-income individuals.
We transform lives through housing.
We are seeking a full-time communications specialist with the talent and desire to help KCHA achieve its mission and vision through clear and compelling communications with and for a variety of audiences. You will assist the communications director with aspects of communication plan development and recommendations as well as work on a variety of initiatives, including the development and implementation of a social media strategy.
You will succeed in the job if you...
- have a journalist's mindset and skillset; you are able to efficiently gather in multiple ideas and perspectives, as well as produce engaging content in a variety of media;
- are an exceptional writer, able to synthesize complicated material into simple, accurate, and compelling stories;
- are a video and online social media professional with proven ability to create and grow views and support engagement with policymakers, staff, residents, and other key partners;
- are collaborative and able to build relationships with a wide range of people in different departments at all levels of the organization;
- make thoughtful decisions;
- believe that racial equity and inclusion matters, and want to constructively contribute to creating more of it at KCHA.
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in communications, liberal arts, journalism, English, or a closely related field AND
- A minimum of two years of experience in work that includes writing for multiple audiences and in multiple mediums OR
- An equivalent combination of experience and education that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Consent to and pass a driver's and criminal records background check.
- Must possess a valid driver's license to regularly travel between work sites, or have alternative reliable mode of transportation.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must:
- Complete the online application profile in its entirety.
- Upload a cover letter that addresses how your experience and education qualifies you to perform the essential functions listed in the job announcement. (Cover Letter)
- Upload a detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience. (Résumé)
- Upload an attachment with links to your electronic portfolio with no more than three (3) writing samples that demonstrate the depth and breadth of your professional experience.
King County Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2019