|Date Posted||August 08, 2019|
|Industry||Magazines / Publishing|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
From pop-ups and takeovers to immersive tech and branded events, few trends are having a bigger impact on the world of advertising today than the rapid rise of experiential marketing.
Adweek, the world's largest marketing news platform, is looking for a business reporter who can cover this burgeoning field through the lenses of creative execution, strategy and cultural trends.
As part of Adweek's Creative Innovation coverage team in our growing newsroom, you'll work alongside reporters and editors who share your passion for finding and analyzing today's most fascinating marketing projects.
This reporter will be based in Adweek's New York City headquarters on Madison Avenue.
• At least 3 years of relevant journalism experience, preferably with a focus on marketing, advertising and/or key industry events
• Strong understanding of experiential marketing's primary tactics, such as event sponsorships, branded pop-ups, brand collaborations and augmented reality
• Awareness of the brand marketing ecosystem and the major agency, brand, media and tech players within it
• Proficiency in AP Style, grammar and narrative storytelling
• Exceptional time management, enterprise reporting and network development skills
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or equivalent
• Coordinate and generate Adweek coverage of experiential marketing via specific events and analysis of emerging trends in the industry
• Write daily coverage for Adweek.com and frequent contributions to the Adweek print magazine
• Appear on camera or on microphone for occasional Adweek videos and podcasts about your areas of coverage
• Pitch in as needed to cover stories on other Adweek beats, such as covering creative campaigns and industry news
• Work closely with Adweek's Story Desk and Visual Newsroom to workshop compelling packaging for your coverage
To apply, please attach your resume, cover letter and a minimum of three strong, applicable articles previously published under your byline to your profile. Submissions without these items will not be acknowledged.
Send your resume to this employer.