Human Resources Staff Writer (Remote Friendly)
Your Job in a Nutshell:To be one of our resident experts on all things Human Resources and Payroll for small business owners.
This Role Includes:
- Vetting HR software and explaining how to execute specific HR programs, such as payroll and employee scheduling.
- Teaching our readers how to best utilize HR & payroll programs to improve and grow their businesses.
Our mission: To deliver the best answers to people's questions.
Recently named to the Inc. 500 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies, Fit Small Business has more than 3 million small business owners and managers reading our content each month. We deliver well-researched, authoritative articles so these owners can make informed decisions to grow businesses that fuel the economy. Our founders have built successful businesses before, and FSB is profitable with no outside funding. Part of the team of 170+ people is in our NYC headquarters, near Grand Central. Others are distributed across the U.S., Canada, and the Philippines.
Does this sound like you?
- You have a proven human resources and payroll track record.
- You have a great network of human resources professionals.
- You are passionate about writing and want to share your knowledge in written form to teach our eager readership on how to make their small businesses succeed.
- You are a tenacious self-starter who can be comfortable deciding their own direction.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You are comfortable working in a startup environment, where things change quickly.
If you love helping entrepreneurs and managers succeed in launching and growing their businesses, then this is the position for you!
- Researching, writing and editing articles related to payroll and human resources.
- Analyzing and reviewing software and services for small businesses.
- Providing in-depth responses to reader questions.
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience working in human resources for small businesses, and at least 1 year working with payroll.
- You are comfortable writing researched, in-depth articles on all facets of payroll, human resources, and related software.
- You are high energy and passionate about helping small businesses succeed.
Tools We Use:
Wordpress, Insightly, G Suite, Slack, Trello, Guru, Zoom
It’s fine if you haven’t used these. Just be enthusiastic to learn them.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Quality health insurance (subsidized by FSB)
- Short-term and long-term disability (Paid by FSB)
- Traditional & Roth 401K plans with matching from first day
- Vision, dental, and life insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Commuter Benefits
- Perks and discounts via our PEO
- A collaborative workplace, which will challenge you and celebrate your work
- A chance to learn with and from interesting and enthusiastic colleagues
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2019