||August 06, 2019
The Cybersecurity Law Report is the leading information resource focused on the legal, regulatory, compliance and operational aspects of data privacy and cybersecurity.
Since 2012, our subscription product has combined vigorous reporting and proprietary legal analysis to generate actionable insights on critical issues facing compliance professionals.
Our subscribers – key decision-makers at multinational companies, and law and accounting firms – rely on us to help them define best practices, mitigate regulatory risk and perform their day-to-day jobs more effectively.
We have an immediate full-time opening on the Cybersecurity Law Report team in NYC for a detail-oriented, experienced long-form reporter to cover issues related to data privacy and cybersecurity.
The primary tasks will involve:
- Researching and writing long-form analytic articles of various types – including our feature thematic articles, Q&As and articles covering developments in the space – based on extensive interviews of, and other interactions with, industry experts (such as law and accounting firm partners, GCs, CISOs, CPOs, CCOs, and other privacy and security professionals);
- Developing and maintaining relationships with industry experts with the goals of understanding the “pain points” experienced by professionals in the space, particularly legal and compliance personnel, cultivating sources for articles, obtaining contributed articles, gathering intelligence for coverage ideas
- Attending and writing up panels and webinars;
- Writing short-form “people moves”
- Substantial experience writing long-form legal or financial articles. Ideal candidates will have at least three years of paid, full-time reporting experience at a news organization, covering legal, business or financial topics (coverage of cybersecurity or data privacy law a plus);
- Excellent reporting, writing, research, organizational and analytical abilities, with a demonstrated capacity to consistently create engaging, thorough, sophisticated articles, as well as shorter updates, each requiring minimal editing under deadline;
- Ability to work collaboratively and participate in strategic planning for the publication's editorial content;
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills across major software and applications.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and 2-3 relevant writing samples along with their application.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2019