||August 05, 2019
The Catholic Herald supports the evangelization efforts of the bishop and the diocese by publishing a weekly Catholic newspaper, online content, podcasts and videos. Utilizing primarily digital means, the Multimedia producer focuses largely on the creative and technical aspects of shooting and editing multimedia content, encompassing end-to-end management of the video production process for the Communications department and the Herald.
- Coordinate and execute use of an in-house multimedia studio. This includes producing videos using a green screen, multicamera recordings of interviews, audio podcasts, etc.
- Pitching story ideas, video editing and motion graphics editing.
- Combine traditional journalism and content writing with modern, interactive approaches (text, images, sound, videos and graphics) to tell an interesting story.
- Travel around diocese to cover noteworthy events, people and places. (Must have own transportation and valid drivers license.)
- Write and revise scripts, story boards, and articles.
- Develop videos, photos, and other digital media to inspire, educate and inform our constituents. Experience with 3 light set up for interviews and shoots
- Upkeep all video production equipment
- Create relevant content for social media platforms with engaging music, graphics, and subtitles
- Process photos and write captions.
- Work with editors to make any necessary changes to stories in a timely manner.
- When time and workload permit, assist the managing editor, editorial assistant and production coordinator in proofreading the weekly newspaper.
- Knowledge/Skills: Ideal candidate will have expertise in Adobe Premiere, After Effects and/or Final Cut Pro. Proficiency in MS Word. Good command of the English language and the written word. Knowledge of Tricaster software and hardware preferred. Creative ability to find interesting and/or different angles to stories. Knowledge of AP and CNS styles. Proficient Knowledge of how to use a dslr camera for video and photo composition. Communication/interviewing skills needed. Ability to work independently and with self-motivation to find and complete assignments. Flexibility to respond to changing priorities. Ability to be a team player. Working/intermediate/ thorough knowledge of desktop publishing helpful. Basic knowledge of the Catholic Church, its beliefs and teachings is essential.
- Years and Types of Experience: 3 – 5 years in journalism, video production, or multimedia production.
- Professional understanding of platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, You Tube and other emerging channels.
- Must be a skilled writer who is proficient in social media management.
- Photography and video skills required / please submit link to reel or any relevant video work
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree; preferably in Journalism or English.
- Licenses/Certifications: Valid driver's license must be maintained at all times.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/xjnhyjqjbdbbtswx
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2019