We’re searching for a Vice President at Springer Nature to lead our global Editorial and Publishing division that has locations across New York, London and further international sites. This is a high profile leadership role that will provide strategic direction for an impressive and established portfolio of magazines and publications to research and scientific communities. Some of our well-known publications include Scientific American and Nature research journals.
The role holder will provide strategic leadership for a global portfolio of magazine professionals which are focused on:
- Continually informing and serving the needs of researcher and further communities through Nature Index and Nature Careers content.
- Servicing the marketing services needs of corporate and institutional partners through custom media, paid content on Springer Nature platforms and sponsored supplements to Nature and Scientific American.
- Serving science-interested consumers via independent editorial for Scientific American.
- Supporting business growth by overseeing the MRS Publishing Group.
- Drive the Magazine Editorial & Publishing strategy across brands.
- Lead Magazine Editorial & Publishing operations including Partnership Editorial & Publishing.
- Shape internal and external representation, delivering partnerships and events.
- Work closely with technology and Product & Platform Groups to ensure the requirements of Magazine content are appropriately communicated, understood and prioritised.
Experience, qualifications and skills:
- Significant international leadership experience in scientific publishing and editing
- Experience leading in a global environment within international matrix organisational structures
- Extensive experience in managing performance for large, diverse teams
- Demonstrated capability to collaborate with commercial and publishing colleagues to grow business revenues
- Proven capability in remote leadership and management
- Proven strength in leading the strategic development of publishing and content teams
- Knowledge of international content marketing and science communication markets
- Familiarity with the communications needs of academic institutional and research-based organisations
- Strong journalistic background; a Bachelor’s degree in science or equivalent experience preferred
Please apply with a CV and covering letter, stating your salary expectations.
At Springer Nature we value and celebrate the diversity of our people. We recognise the many benefits of a diverse workforce and strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. Our search for the best talent fully encompasses and embraces these values and principles.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2019