|Date Posted||July 23, 2019|
|Industry||Newspapers / Wires|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
The Butler County Times-Gazette in El Dorado, Kansas is looking for a seasoned and aggressive sports journalist dedicated to community sports who can give readers more than just a score. We want someone who will look beyond the games and tell the stories of sports and the people involved with them. The successful candidate will have an insatiable curiosity about all kinds of sports and recreation (not just prep athletics), an excellent grasp of interviewing and writing techniques and a demonstrated knowledge of how multimedia enhances reporting. The sports writer works under an editor while completing daily and long-range assignments.
* Minimum of 2 years of newspaper reporting experience.
* Experience using social media and other digital tools.
* Photography and video experience a plus.
* Interest in all areas of sports coverage, from live game stories to feature items and special sections.
* Solid interviewing skills and productive work ethic.
* A body of published work that shows the ability to engage, explain and enlighten readers.
* A passion for community journalism
Please submit your resume and work samples to Jennifer Wilson, General Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org