||July 23, 2019
||Magazines / Publishing
||$30,000 to $35,000
Entry Level Assistant Editor -
- New England based publisher of several print and digital motorcycle magazines seeks a full-time Assistant Editor/Copy Editor. Candidate should possess writing talent; proficient desktop publishing computer skills and an enthusiastic interest in Motorcycles, Motorsports or Powersports. Must be detail-oriented and organized, with an ability to meet strict deadlines. Motorcycle license and digital photography skills are a plus. Must be capable of editing existing text and creating original material to produce clear, compelling, concise and accurate copy. Must have excellent interpersonal skills, an ability to work independently under deadline constraints, and a high level of creativity.
- Proofreading/Copyediting text, as well as stories on adobe pdf.
- Interviewing personalities via phone, skype, and email.
- Researching, writing, and editing fresh copy for print and digital publication.
- Editing contributor submissions to meet magazine style guide.
- Contribute to, and maintain the magazine’s social media presence.
- Compiling and fact-checking story data.
- Processing the flow of both text and art material through the publishing “pipeline”.
- Collaborate with editors and other members of the editorial team to develop interesting, engaging stories.
- Other duties as assigned, including occasional administrative, in-the-field, or general office support functions.
Please email your resume, writing samples, previously published work, and salary requirements to: SteveL@AmericanIronMag.com
Position will be home based, working remotely, with occasional visits to the office for meetings, etc.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2019