||July 22, 2019
||Magazines / Publishing
The Journal of Orthopaedic & Sports Physical Therapy (JOSPT) seeks a detail-oriented, competent, and congenial Publishing Assistant to perform a range of tasks on a full-time basis for a busy science journal publishing office.
- Customer service:
- Answer phones and field incoming customer service e-mails and inquiries received in the general subscriptions and JOSPT e-mailboxes.
- Handle inquiries from individual and institutional subscribers and advertisers, as well as prospective authors, among others, via the telephone, e-mail, and mail.
- Process new and renewing subscriptions.
- Maintain circulation records using specialized fulfillment software while maintaining and securing proper paper records.
- Handle mailing of issues and processing claims of missing issues.
- Work with the Manuscript and Marketing Manager to send renewal mailings.
- Fulfill individual print issue orders.
- Generate, clean, and assemble monthly lists for print and online delivery of JOSPT.
- Process all incoming mail and packages received.
- Process all outgoing mail, including bills and packages.
- Maintain and order office supplies as needed.
- Coordinate with outside IT consultant to resolve problems.
- Other duties, as assigned, may involve assisting JOSPT’s marketing and editorial teams.
- Log incoming checks to be tracked and accounted for.
- Complete electronic check deposits.
- Review bills and outgoing checks for accuracy and mail payments.
- Manuscript Coordination:
- Manage the manuscript submission and review process, interacting with authors, reviewers, and members of the Editorial Board.
- Ensure that manuscripts are initially processed and then move through review in a timely manner.
- Work with JOSPT’s online manuscript submission and review system, ScholarOne Manuscripts, to enhance and edit the manuscript submission and peer review system, as needed.
- Full proficiency of the Microsoft Office suite, specifically Word and Excel.
- Ability to quickly learn new software used by JOSPT to fulfill subscriptions.
- Careful attention to detail and accuracy.
- Reliable, consistent, clear, and professional communication via email and phone.
- Effective time management and awareness of others’ schedules and needs.
- Ability to lift and carry heavy packages, up to 50 lbs.
- This is an entry-level position that requires a bachelor’s degree and will introduce the successful candidate to the full scope of issues involved in scientific-technical-medical (STM) publishing.
- An interest in publishing and scholarly publishing a plus.
- Compensation is salaried with a full benefits package.
Interested candidates should e-mail a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations/history to firstname.lastname@example.org, with "Publishing Assistant" in the subject heading. A cover letter is required, and incomplete responses will not be considered.
No phone calls, please.
JOSPT, Inc. is based in Alexandria, VA.
The Journal of Orthopaedic & Sports Physical Therapy is a nonprofit, print and online medical science journal. Established in 1979, this scholarly, peer-reviewed journal publishes scientifically rigorous, clinically relevant content for physical therapists and others in the health care community to advance musculoskeletal and sports-related rehabilitation practice globally. It has a print and online readership of more than 35,000 individual and institutional subscribers around the world, and a website that receives approximately 136,000 visitors each month, 90,000 of whom are unique. JOSPT is the official journal of the Academy of Orthopaedic Physical Therapy and the American Academy of Sports Physical Therapy of the American Physical Therapy Association and is recognized by 35 international partners. Please see www.jospt.org for more information.
JOSPT, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2019