||July 22, 2019
KHBS is now hiring a Morning Traffic Anchor/Reporter. We need a good storyteller who has excellent on-air presence and excellent communication skills. We want someone who can interact with our viewers on social media. The successful candidate is a Multimedia Journalist with a passion for journalism who has the ability to tell good news stories, generate story ideas, write to video and do compelling live shots for newscasts. We are seeking a self-motivated individual who wants to win each day. The right candidate should be an accurate, ethical, compelling storyteller with a team attitude.
- Prepare morning traffic report graphics.
- News gather for traffic reports.
- Provide clear and concise live traffic reports for morning show and evening shows.
- Research and report up-to-the-minute traffic conditions.
- Communicate that information to the show producers and show anchors in a timely manner.
- Make sure that corresponding graphics, video and live shots are used appropriately.
- Communicate morning traffic information to viewers via digital platforms including our station website, mobile app, and social media pages.
- Gather information for stories and live reports for newscasts.
- Put together high-quality packages.
- Cover breaking news.
- Develop sources and generate ideas.
- Knowledge and experience with the station’s traffic system.
- Must be a self-starter and able to ad lib in breaking news situations.
- Must speak clearly, have basic knowledge of how to use a computer and basic knowledge of social media outlets.
- Must be familiar with street and highway names and directions.
- Must be energetic and creative and work well with others.
- Must work quickly and efficiently.
- Excellent writing and packaging skills.
- Ability to develop contacts and generate stories.
- Ability to shoot and edit high-quality video.
- Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field preferred or equivalent work experience
- Looking for 1-2 years as journalist and storyteller in a commercial television station.
- Military training and experience will be considered
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2019