||July 22, 2019
Delivering a clear, concise,
accurate weather forecast makes 16 WAPT “The One to Watch” in Jackson.
Join our team and work with Chief Meteorologist David Hartman who has
mentored meteorologists around the country.
WAPT has an opening for a high energy,
highly skilled meteorologist. We are looking for a meteorologist who knows the
science, but can tell a relatable weather story. Our next meteorologist will be
an accurate forecaster, keep our viewers and employees safe, convey appropriate
tone, summarize complicated information, and stay cool under pressure.
- Get our viewers ready with accurate,
compelling, and understandable weather forecasts.
- Will provide urgent, immediate weather
information before and during severe weather events
- Will be able to simultaneously provide
content on TV, for our radio partners, and on our digital platforms.
- Will utilize all the technology and tools
available to us, to tell an intriguing weather story
- Will be deployed in the field during
- Gather information
- Summarize fact and clearly communicate
content for broadcast
- Previous on-air experience required.
- In-depth knowledge of weather science
- Proven on-air experience in handling
breaking news and severe weather coverage
- Dynamic on-air presence with a
conversational weather presentation
- Knowledgeable about how to interpret and
translate high powered radar data
- Proficient in using WSI graphics and
- Excellent forecasting and on-air skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to tell a compelling weather
- Ability to use common television weather
- Radar experience preferred
- Ability to do live field reporting on
weather and other topics.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Meteorology
or related field
- CBM and/or AMS seal preferred
- Military training and experience will be considered
Come work for one of the most exciting industries in one of the most cultural and historic cities! WAPT-TV, Hearst Television’s ABC affiliate, is located in the heart of Jackson, Mississippi. Even with a population of more than 500,000, Jackson maintains the warmth and charm of a small town. As one of the most affordable places in the country to live, Jackson provides a wide array of cultural, historical, and educational opportunities without the hassle and traffic of larger metropolitan areas. Come join the Hearst Family!
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2019