|Date Posted||December 01, 2019|
KOAT, the Hearst-owned ABC affiliate in Albuquerque, NM is looking for a versatile candidate for an exciting new hybrid position that involves anchoring two daily newscasts as a newscaster, and additionally anchoring two daily sports segments as a sportscaster.
Our next anchor will bring the energy of live reporting to our anchor desk. In addition to credibility, poise, and personality; we’re looking for an anchor who isn’t afraid to head out into the field and break the big stories. Our next anchor will enterprise exclusives, tell compelling stories, and use our multi-venue set to engage with content and our viewers. We are looking this market’s next leader who isn’t afraid to ask the tough questions, and will hold those in power accountable. Our anchors are newsroom leaders who work collaboratively to help mentor and grow producers. Our anchors write and edit scripts with conversational communication in mind.
For our sport casts, our next anchor will break the clichéd local sports model and will break the big sports stories, move beyond the dry press conference sound bites, enterprise compelling human-interest stories, and find the unique angles that will captivate the non-sports fan.
• Delivers scripted and ad lib material with professionalism, personality, and purpose
• Works with and guides reporters and producers in newscast production
• Past sports experience, including anchoring, required
• Your demo reel should be indicative of your everyday work
• Proven Anchor with ability to connect with viewers
• Ability to work varied shifts, including overnights and weekends
• Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production
• Demonstrated ability with digital media and social media
• College degree preferred or equivalent proven work experience
• Military experience and training will be considered