||August 11, 2019
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KRNV/KRXI/KAME in Reno, NV is seeking an experienced Human Resources Coordinator who will be responsible for direct support and guidance in various functional areas of human resources and payroll, supporting over 100 employees under the general direction of the Business Manager and Corporate Regional HR Manager. The ideal candidate has three years of experience in human resources working in a fast-paced environment. Positive attitude, effective communication, follow-through, and attention to detail are must-have attributes for this position. The HR Coordinator supports processes (almost all paperless) associated with the employee lifecycle: recruitment, onboarding/exiting, benefits administration, training and development, and performance management, in addition to employee relations.
While no day will be exactly the same, you’ll be involved in a variety of HR functions including but not limited to:
- Collaborate in a team-based environment; providing excellent, friendly and responsive customer service to employees and managers.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our people, our work and our culture.
- Ensure compliance with employment regulations, including FMLA, FLSA, ADA, and EEO.
- Maintain a working knowledge and understanding of all HR and payroll related systems, including Oracle Cloud HRIS.
- Prepare and review of a centralized bi-weekly payroll process for hourly and salaried staff.
- Interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
- Coordinate onboarding/exiting process, present information and materials, and ensure all onboarding/exiting tasks are complete within the appropriate systems.
- Support the recruitment process, i.e., post jobs in ATS, schedule interviews, conduct reference checks, etc. Ensure compliance with FCC/EEO regulations in all aspects of recruitment and hiring.
- Support the benefits administration process by maintaining working knowledge of company's benefit plans, assist in the Open Enrollment process including employee education and communication, and audit as needed.
- Respond to unemployment claims, workers compensation claims, and employment verifications.
- Maintain confidential, electronic HR records for all employees.
- Assist in planning and coordinating team trainings, morale events, and activities.
- Perform other related duties and projects as required and assigned.
- Administer leaves of absence according to company policy, and state and local laws, including FMLA.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent or enrolled towards such degree
- At least three (3) years experience in Human Resources
- Solid understanding of NV State employment laws
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to effectively communicate with employees at all levels, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to exhibit a high degree of confidentiality and proper judgement under pressure and in sensitive situations.
- A positive attitude and high level of commitment to execution of job duties.
- Organizational and time management skills with expert attention to detail.
- Independent judgment to plan, organize, and prioritize workload.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Professional experience in television broadcasting a plus.
- HRIS experience required, Oracle HRIS experience a plus.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2019