||July 17, 2019
The Deseret News seeks an experienced journalist to edit InDepth and investigative stories on local and national issues.
This editor will join an enterprise team of journalists producing InDepth stories designed to move the needle on public policy and opinion in Utah and beyond.
The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to work easily with reporters on daily stories as well as news feature stories beyond the routine.
In this role, you will:
- Edit a range of stories, from daily turns to two-day news features to long-term, InDepth and investigative stories
- Track all stories and projects being worked on by a team of seven reporters
- Create publication schedule for daily website and weekly news magazine
- Coordinate and communicate regularly with local news division, photo division, web team, and other departments about stories and schedules
- Recruit and supervise 1-2 interns each semester, including fall, winter, and summer
- Collaborate with a creative team of photographers, graphic designers, web producers and other writers and editors to tailor content to multiple platforms
Qualifications and necessary skills:
- At least five years of reporting and/or editing experience
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, political science or a related field
- Deep familiarity with AP style
- A “digital-first” mindset and a creative, innovative capacity to envision ways to tell stories through video, interactive graphics, and other media
- Willing to take regular feedback and work collaboratively with multiple teams
- Ability to work on deadline and balance multiple projects at one time, some short-term and some long-term
- Commitment to the Deseret Management Corporation mission and values: http://www.deseretmanagement.com/our-mission/
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2019