||July 17, 2019
We are looking for a Principal Engineer to help the Audience Engineering team build scalable services that power Sinclair's News Websites, News Mobile Apps, and Social News Apps.
- Provide technical leadership and be part of the technology team that designs and develops scalable backend services for audience facing applications
- Participate in all phases of design, development, quality assurance, defect resolution, and livesite troubleshooting
- Lead and influence the architectural design of features by determining quality and adhering to specifications
- Effective cross-functional leadership skills: working with engineering and operational teams to ensure systems are secure, scalable, reliable, and performant.
- Configuration management solutions to meet the needs of application deployment and management.
- Harmonize discordant views, find the best way forward and convince your team. Demonstrates resilience and navigate difficult situations with composure and tact.
- 10+ years software development experience
- Experience designing and building highly scalable and reliable server side web services
- Experience with performance tuning of complex distributed systems
- Previous experience implementing continuous delivery and DevOps solutions.
- Strong automation skills related to continuous integration and continuous delivery (tool agnostic) and the ability to drive initiatives to automate processes.
- Expert skill in any of the following tools and systems: (will vary depending on the job): Docker, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Salt, Git, MongoDB, Redis, and Kafka.
- Ability to review deployment and operational environments, i.e., execute initiatives to reduce failure, troubleshoot issues across the entire infrastructure stack, expand monitoring capabilities, and manage technical operations.
- Strong operational experience in Linux/Unix environment and scripting languages: Shell, Perl, Python
- Hands-on in Coding and Testing and Deployment in large-scale environments with Java and serverless backend services.
- Provide technical leadership for project and team through design and code reviews, ensuring best software development practices are applied.
- Expert leadership capabilities including leading vendors, staff, and external teams to drive solutions
- Expert integration knowledge using web services, REST, and web protocols
About the Company:
There are few companies that can provide the breadth and depth of audience impact and scope of work that Sinclair can. Sinclair Digital is transforming how television is produced, distributed, and consumed. We are the innovation team for the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country, with more local television stations than anyone and affiliations with all major networks. Our multidisciplinary team works together to create elegant solutions to the complex problems around delivering the most trusted, empathic, engaging, quality news, information, and entertainment to web, mobile, broadcast, and over-the-top (OTT) media distribution to audiences all over the country. Our digital portfolio combines websites, mobile apps, over-the-top (OTT) apps, a content management and publishing platform into a seamless user experience. We run lean, move with agility, and take pride in our charter to transform the Sinclair Broadcast Group from a broadcast-centric company into an omni-platform enterprise while maintaining our corporate entrepreneurial spirit.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2019