|Date Posted||July 11, 2019|
|Industry||Newspapers / Wires|
The Hearst Midwest Group is seeking a digital producer to work in Big Rapids, Michigan. This position will act as the lead Digital Producer for all products associated with the Pioneer Group, including two daily newspapers and three weekly newspapers.
The Producer provides editing, packaging and presentation across all digital platforms. Manages the on-time and accurate delivery of top quality content - with an emphasis on video, social and search engine optimization. Works with team leadership, editors, and reporters to best display content on all platforms, using news judgment and creativity. Collaborates to maximize social media presence. The successful candidate will be self starter and team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys building digital products from scratch.
Typical Job Duties
· Manage home pages to engage a loyal audience.
· Sends breaking news alerts and adds video, SEO meta-data, hyperlinks, images and additional digital content.
· Writes effective digital headlines and summaries that help attract audiences. Writes engaging social posts that attract audiences and encourage readers to interact with social content.
· Interacts with newsrooms across the Hearst Midwest Group and other Hearst Divisions to grow the local audience, integrate new products and tools into local sites and trains legacy newsrooms on digital journalism.
· Optimizes, aggregates and packages assets for digital publication.
· Provides packaging and presentation across all platforms, including mobile and other social platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
· Edits sensitive content for publication-readiness, including clarity, fairness, legality, spelling, grammar, punctuation and style.
· Uses metrics to monitor real-time data, determine traffic patterns and make changes tied to the data.
· Manages workflow to meet deadlines.
· Provides great customer service, working collaboratively to find solutions.
· Stays calm during breaking news situations.
· The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's in Communications, Journalism or equivalent in experience and education.
· Previous experience in a digital role in a newsroom is preferred.
· Strong news judgment
· Knowledge of AP style
· SEO knowledge
· Writing and headline-writing skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Experience editing and producing social videos is highly desired.
Hearst Midwest Media Group is a division of Hearst Newspapers and Hearst Communications. We are vital news and information sources for towns in Michigan and Illinois and work to provide marketing solutions to local businesses in the towns we serve. We accomplish this goal by being an integral part of our local communities while tapping into the world-wide resources offered by Hearst Communications. Through this combination we are able to offer our advertisers a robust suite of digital and print products to help them achieve their business objectives.
Send your resume to this employer.