|Date Posted||July 11, 2019|
|Industry||Newspapers / Wires|
The Aspen Times, a magical little resort town situated in the Elk Mountain Range, is in need of a photographer/videographer. At The Aspen Times, we get the opportunity to interact with some of the world’s most influential leaders, are home to some of the world’s most impressive athletes and entrepreneurs and have a local community bond stronger than any mountain town you’ll ever live in.
We're looking for an adventurous spirit with a love of the great outdoors, winter (because, let’s face it … winter months are many more than summer months), mountain towns and community.
This position does it all from photographing local high school sports to Olympic athletes and weekend events to wildfires. This position will support The Aspen Times team by shooting photos on assignment, covering breaking news and cultivating videos and photos for the daily newspaper in addition to various magazines, social media platforms and websites.
Full disclosure: We live at just about 8,000 feet. It can be cold here (like negative Fahrenheit cold) and we’re happiest when it snows … a lot. Summers are magical, but too short. And we might as well tell you now that Aspen is addictive … don’t consider us unless you’re prepared to never leave.
To Apply, please visit www.swiftcom.com/careers and select job 1788.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
• Command of photo/video techniques, sophisticated craftsmanship, and the ability to create and develop visual storytelling across multiple platforms.
• Seek out appropriate visual journalism subjects and opportunities.
• Produce 3-5 videos per week in addition to daily photos.
• Edit and upload photos and videos to CMS, writing cutlines for each.
• Video editing and production, including DSLR, iPhone and GoPro.
• Photograph and document breaking news on deadline.
• Manage company Instagram with multiple daily posts including original and reader-submitted photos.
• Attend staff meetings and communicate routinely with editors, designers and peers within the organization.
• Adhere to the newsroom workflow to meet all deadlines.
• The right fit for this position will understand the 24/7 news cycle and the role of multimedia projects as they relate to audience engagement.
• 1 to 2 years of training and/or on-the-job experience
• Excellent listening, speaking and written communication skills.
• Strong digital skills with understanding of various platforms utilized in production of stories and photographs
• Creativity and attention to detail.
• Strong interest in news and the community.
• Must be able to work outside in varied weather conditions.
• Must have the ability to ski or snowboard at an intermediate level.
• Must have a valid driver's license.
• Must provide own equipment.
Swift Communications is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.