||July 09, 2019
Newsday Media Group is seeking an experienced on-camera host to serve as the face and voice for digital lifestyle videos across digital and social platforms, with a primary focus on the Long Island dining scene. The ideal candidate is a journalist first, with a dynamic personality who can interview guests, deliver show content in a compelling manner and ad-lib, whether in studio or filming on location.
The first priority is hosting Newsday’s award-winning digital series, Feed Me TV. The successful candidate will lead viewers through 15-minute episodes in a documentary format. Feed Me TV is available on Newsday’s website and mobile apps, and streams on Roku TV, Amazon Fire Stick, and Apple TV. The series is produced by the newsroom’s Emmy-winning multimedia team in conjunction with reporters and editors who cover Long Island restaurants. When not hosting Feed Me TV, the host will also produce shorter food/lifestyle/things-to-do videos for Newsday’s website and social media streams.Social media is a key part of the job—the ideal candidate will have proven experience growing a brand’s active audience through engaging posts and commentary. This forward-thinking journalist knows their work needs to be translated for all platforms - on-air, digital, social and print media.
Essential Duties & Functions
- Conduct lively food and dining segments on air for the Long Island market in a way that connects with our audience and draws in new viewers.
- Assist in scouting, vetting and setting up locations to shoot as well as booking and interviewing guests.
- Assist in writing scripts, voiceovers and stand-ups.
- Post Facebook Watch videos, Instagram stories, and other engaging local content on all Newsday’s social media feeds. Your personal brand must support and promote Newsday’s content.
- Collaborate with producers and other staffers to generate fresh video topics that are diverse and engaging.
- Write stories for print and digital products that tie into videos.
- Serve as company ambassador by filming promotional items and appearing at community events to promote Newsday/Feed Me brands.
Essential Job Knowledge & Skills
- Communications or Journalism degree preferred along with knowledge of Long Island’s food and dining scene.
- 1-3 years of on-air experience with a demonstrated track record as an authoritative, energetic on-air host or personality that can flawlessly execute stand-ups and voiceovers. Must submit a demo reel with your application.
- Solid editorial judgment and understanding of video production workflow.
- Relevant journalism experience with published videos and stories.
- Ability to collaborate with others and multi-task on multiple projects at a time while working in a high pressure, fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Strong interviewing and story development writing skills with the ability to then articulate and convey that information in a clear, concise and conversational manner for multiple platforms and video formats.
- Requires the ability to read through files, scripts, presentations, theories, monitors and procedures.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible and varied schedule to include weekends, nights and extended hours.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license in good standing.
Newsday Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2019