||July 09, 2019
Newsday Media Group is looking for a Graphics Designer/Editor to join our team. The Graphics Designer/Editor will be responsible for creating graphics for news and feature content in TV and digital formats.
Essential Duties & Functions
- Design and animate graphics for news and feature productions for TV and digital formats. Examples: main titles, billboards, bumpers, interstitials, bugs, ID tags, lower 3rds, fly-ins, etc.
- Make use of state of the art techniques, such as tracking in 2D and 3D, greenscreen, rotoscoping and other visual effects in conjunction with our virtual sets.
- Efficiently manage workflow to deliver quality graphics both offline and online, as needed.
Essential Job Knowledge & Skills
- A bachelor’s degree is required. A degree in Journalism, Communications, or equivalent work experience is preferred, but not required.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience with motion graphics, typography, design, and 2D/3D animation is required.
- Familiar with all HD resolutions, HD center cut, frame rates, and pixel aspect ratios, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe CC (primarily After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator).
- Advanced knowledge of Cinema 4D and related modules.
- Familiar with Mac-based computers.
- Must have demo reel of successful previous projects.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent design and layout skills.
- Collaborates and communicates well.
- Ability to adapt to changes in direction on short notice.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven team environment, managing multiple projects at same time.
- Must possess a flexible and varied schedule to include weekends, holidays and extended hours throughout the day.
Newsday Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2019