|Date Posted||July 08, 2019|
|Salary||$60,000 to $65,000|
All That's Interesting is looking for an individual with a digital-first background to join our Brooklyn team as Managing Editor to lead both as a practitioner and tactician. With over 15 million visitors a month and counting, we are looking to increase our output and sharpen our editorial workflow. As the Managing Editor, you will:
* Review existing processes to identify areas of improvement and implement changes to accelerate editorial output
* Leverage insights from search and social to inform decision making
* Manage staff writers and freelancers as well as edit multiple posts a day
* Produce content for All That’s Interesting as needed
* Become an integral part of developing our editorial strategy and scope
Minimum qualifications to be considered for this position are:
* Two years editing content and managing writers for a reputable digital publisher
* Two years of experience growing an online publication, preferably in a managerial role
* Ability to synthesize complex issues in a compelling manner for an online audience
* Knowledge of SEO and social best practices, WordPress, Google Analytics and Photoshop (or equivalent image editing software)
* A keen interest in an array of subjects, including history, science, true crime, and news
You'll be working out of our office in Prospect Heights in Brooklyn, New York. Compensation is $60k a year along with health insurance benefits, a free monthly unlimited MTA card, partial cell phone reimbursement, matching 401k after your first year, and a generous vacation policy.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter that includes how you've helped the growth of a digital publication to email@example.com.