|Date Posted||July 02, 2019|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
|Salary||$48,774 – $59,757|
The Communications Specialist is a highly versatile storyteller who produces compelling copy for a variety of digital and print publications that support Metropolitan State University of Denver’s mission and goals. The Specialist researches, develops, edits and manages writing projects in three high-priority areas: event-, executive- and employee-engagement communications with a particular emphasis on events.
The successful candidate will be able to easily shift writing style and tone dependent on audience and goal, transform complex and sensitive information into digestible content and facilitate writing projects with meticulous attention to details and deadlines.
This position reports to the associate vice president of strategic communications and is situated in MSU Denver’s Strategy, Marketing and Communications Branch.
• Creates engaging and accurate copy on tight deadlines for a diverse array of print and digital assets, including but not limited to event communications (invitations, scripts, social media posts, recaps), executive-level communications (emails, letters, fact sheets, bios, web content, social media posts, thank-you notes) and employee-engagement communications (stories, event promotions).
• Writes and manages communications projects for campus events, such as the President’s Speaker Series, Welcome Back, Spring Update, Faculty and Staff BBQ, Winter and Spring Commencements, Strategic Plan gatherings, visiting professorship talks, among others.
• Writes and builds emails in Salesforce, facilitates approval for those messages and manages sends.
• Develops and curates content for Office of the President website and updates the page daily/weekly with the most pertinent information.
• Researches and generates content for fact sheets and manages the production of those sheets from ideation to distribution.
• Interviews administrators, faculty, staff, students, alumni, donors and others with sensitivity, positivity and an impeccable attention to detail.
• Edits stories and copy to align with Associated Press Style and in-house editorial standards.
• Checks facts to ensure accuracy and integrity of communications.
• Thrives in a fast-paced, changeable work environment without sacrificing on quality and accuracy in work.
Metropolitan State University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer.