|Date Posted||June 24, 2019|
|Industry||Magazines / Publishing, Digital Media|
U.S. Catholic magazine seeks an experienced digital associate editor to join a collaborative editorial team in creating content for both our website and monthly print magazine. The associate editor will be responsible for developing digital and print content, editing the print magazine, managing the day-to-day operations of the magazine’s website, and overseeing online social media and email communication. We are looking for someone with a deep knowledge of the Catholic Church who is in touch with Catholic media and contemporary Catholic issues.
The position's main accountabilities include developing concepts and commissioning feature articles and essays for both web and print, overseeing the posting and development of online content, working with authors through all stages of the writing process, coordinating website maintenance with our web developer, assisting with copyediting of the print magazine, developing and instituting social media strategy, driving email marketing and creating multiple weekly emails, and contributing to regular staff meetings. The ideal candidate will be creative, energetic, deadline driven, and extremely detail-oriented.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, English, communications, or equivalent experience. Advanced degree in religious studies, theology, or similar field strongly preferred.
• Minimum 3-5 years of editing experience in print or digital publishing.
• Minimum 1-2 years of online content creation and social media strategy.
• Strong knowledge of Catholic Church, theology, and current trends and issues pertaining to American Catholicism.
• Familiarity with website content management systems. Knowledge of Drupal a plus.
• Excellent communication skills, knowledge of grammar and editorial production processes, and ability to work as part of a team.
• Must be detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, including day-to-day tasks and long-range planning.
• Experience with InDesign and Photoshop preferred.
Please send cover letter with salary requirement, resume and 2-3 writing clips via e-mail.
About the Company
Claretian Publications is the publishing branch of the Claretian Missionaries, a Catholic organization of missionary priests and brothers serving poor Catholic and non-Catholic immigrants, youth, elderly, and families. Their ministries are offered throughout the world. The USA/Canada Province Headquarters is located in Chicago, Illinois.
Send your resume to this employer.