||June 21, 2019
The Council on Foreign Relations is creating innovative educational resources, which seek to equip students and the interested public with the skills, knowledge, and perspective—the global literacy—required to understand the forces, ideas, and institutions that shape our world. These resources include World101, a growing library of multimedia primers explaining the fundamentals of international relations and U.S. foreign policy; and Model Diplomacy, a multimedia simulation program that invites participants to role-play in the context of National Security Council and UN Security Council meetings. Both products come with an array of teaching resources and activities aimed at high school and college instructors and their students. The Associate Editor, Model Diplomacy will help create, produce, and manage a growing range of multimedia content for CFR’s Model Diplomacy.
The major responsibilities of this position will include (but are not limited to):
- Writing and editing content for new and existing Model Diplomacy resources
- Maintaining an editorial calendar and managing a regular content update process
- Presenting content, curriculum, and instructional practices to other educators, and conducting and facilitating Model Diplomacy simulations to a wide variety of participants
- Assisting with the creation of activity guides, digital resources, and other materials to meet specific learning objectives
- Maintaining, developing and improving systems for project oversight and knowledge management
- Monitoring Model Diplomacy feedback and providing input on user experience issues and feature gaps to improve student learning and product success
- Staying abreast of relevant education trends and generating ideas for potential additions to Model Diplomacy and expansions of its reach
- Providing project prioritization recommendations, progress/status updates and risk/mitigation plans to the leadership team
- BA in international affairs, political science, history, or a related field, with high academic achievement
- 3 years related experience with proven abilities in project management and meeting deadlines
- Excellent writing, communication, and editing skills, with a talent for translating complex ideas into student-friendly terms using an engaging, conversational tone; excellent public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to quickly problem-solve, source answers, and achieve expert-level familiarity with new resources and tools; exceptional organizational skills and outstanding attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with proven ability to work with small groups and senior staff
- Strong interest and proven knowledge of current U.S. foreign policy and international affairs issues, ongoing debates, and structures of U.S. and international policymaking
- Experience with educational simulations related to international affairs, such as Model United Nations, preferred
- Ability to conduct independent, in-depth research on a large variety of topics and sources; archival or primary source research experience a plus
Founded in 1921, the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is a leading nonprofit membership organization, research center, and publisher, with headquarters in New York, an office in Washington, DC, and programs nationwide. It is dedicated to increasing America's understanding of the world and contributing ideas to U.S. foreign policy. CFR's 5,000+ members are leaders in international affairs and foreign policy. CFR also publishes Foreign Affairs, the preeminent magazine on global issues, and provides up-to-date information about the world and U.S. foreign policy on its award-winning website, CFR.org.
The Council on Foreign Relations offers a benefits package that is among the best offered by nonprofit institutions today, including an award-winning health and wellness program, an on-site fitness center, and generous leave policies and health insurance programs.
The Council on Foreign Relations is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates from a diverse background.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2019