Informa is seeking an experienced writer/editor with a background in clinical trial analysis or related experience to join the US editorial group for its global pharmaceutical business titles, including Scrip and Pink Sheet. This position is in the greater Boston area.
Informa’s industry-leading titles have been providing subscribers with expert analysis of the key events and trends affecting the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries for many decades. The successful candidate will contribute articles for the company’s digital platform and print publications as part of a dedicated team of journalists located across the globe.
In a typical week you could:
- Report and write a mix of news-driven and enterprising articles, on topics including:
- Clinical trial results and implications for company strategy and the competitive landscape
- Pipeline analysis by company or therapeutic area
- Company leadership and R&D strategy
- Related topics such as drug reviews and approvals, company financial updates and impact of government policies on drug development
- Develop a data-led infographic
- Attend a scientific conference to report news, conduct interviews and build relationships
- Provide your expert perspective for colleagues’ reporting
Skills and attributes we seek
- We are first and foremost looking for an accomplished business journalist who is comfortable regularly meeting senior external contacts and writing engaging content to tight deadlines
- Several years’ experience reporting on clinical trials and development of drug and biotech products, or closely related experience
- Ability to extract key messages from complex information and communicating these effectively and succinctly (through articles/other formats)
- Adeptness in interviewing C-suite executives and medical practice thought leaders and in developing a network of key sources. You will combine clinical data with clinician and practitioner perspectives to inform a business audience
- Ability to cover local events in person and travel to scientific conferences
- High attention to detail, with the ability to juggle multiple projects and consistently deliver articles requiring minimal editing
- Desire to experiment and innovate with new formats and approaches
- Collaborative approach to working with colleagues across the business
- Degree in journalism, sciences or equivalent career experience
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite, content management systems and infographic tools
What we offer
- The chance to join a highly experienced and dedicated global editorial team
- Flexible work hours
- Competitive benefits package
- As a FTSE 100 company delivering events, intelligence and research to specialists across multiple sectors worldwide, Informa offers excellent opportunities for career development
- Informa employs more than 11,000 people in more than 30 countries
- A supportive, diverse and inclusive environment
Informa is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events business, operating in the Knowledge and Information Economy. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 100.
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
What makes Informa different:
- Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
- Competitive Benefits with a 401k match
- Generous vacation days, 9 company holidays and time off to volunteer!
- Work- Life Balance
- Paid parental leave
To apply, see our job posting:
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2019